Friday 5 April 2013

PRAYER - "When God Says 'No'"
Moses desperately wanted to go into the Promised Land, but God's punishment stood. God loves to hear and answer prayer, but we must understand that even prayer must sometimes yield to His greater sovereign purpose.

Deuteronomy 3:24-26 - "O Lord GOD ...I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon. But the LORD was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter."

PRINCIPALS - "Feast Day of Atonement"

The Feast of Trumpets announced ten days of preparation for the Day of Atonement, now known as Yom Kippur. It was an elaborate event, including fasting, sacrificing, and repentance. This most important ritual ransomed Israel from sin and restored pure fellowship with God. Now, atonement comes by "...the man, Jesus Christ; Who gave himself a ransom for all." (1 Timothy 2:5,6).

Leviticus 23:28 - "And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God."   
   


PRINCIPLES - "Love Thy Neighbor"
God's word is profoundly good. What would we do, or where would we be without God's word? It is the ancient, historical, DIVINE source of priceless values. Things like: "...don't curse the deaf," "...don't stumble the blind," "...have no respect of persons," "...don't be a talebearer," "...don't hate your brother," and the best of all, "...love thy neighbor as thyself." Thank God for His word!

Leviticus 19:18 - "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD."

PROPHECIES - "I Will Walk Among You"

Incentives. People are motivated by incentives. God always offered marvelous incentives. He promised that if His people would love Him and obey His commandments, He would give rain in due season, harvests would increase, trees would bear fruit, their land would have peace, their enemies would be defeated, and so much more. Most valuable, is His promise to come and dwell among us. Jesus IS coming. We shall behold Him.

Leviticus 26:11,12 - "And I will set my tabernacle among you: ...And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people."    

No comments:


Search This Blog

Labels